Polystyrene Ceiling Tiles Installation Instructions
Follow these simple steps to install our Polystyrene (Styrofoam) Ceiling Tiles over popcorn or smooth surfaces
Please watch this video clip about ceiling tiles installation over the popcorn:
Our Polystyrene Tiles can be installed over popcorn ceilings or any flat solid surface
- sharp utility knife,
- putty knife for adhesive,
- ceramic wall tile adhesive (like Acryl Pro or Omni Grip),
- straight edge to make nice cuts.
1. Prepare the surface.
Remove loose plaster, paint, wall paper etc. Draw a chalk line in the middle of the room (preferably through light fixture electrical box, if you have one)
2. Apply the adhesive. We recommend to use Ceramic wall tile paste adhesive (like Acryl Pro or Omni Grip) which could be found at any local building supplies store. Installation of the tiles over the popcorn requires more adhesive then for plain drywall or plywood ceilings.
3. Install the fist row along the chalk line. Take your time making it as straight as possible . Butt join the tiles side by side.
4. Work your way to the sides. First install all of the whole tiles. Work on cutting the tiles and installation of cut pieces at the end.
5. If you decide to fill in the joints – paintable silicone should be used to insure that the ceiling will still remain paintable in future.
Polystrene tiles installation over the popcorn (stucco) ceilings:
Installation over flat surfaces: