– Measuring tape
– Utility knife (with new blade)
– Small tray for adhesive and foam roller
– Glue ( Contact Cement by DAP(red can) or LePage(blue can)
– Chalk line
– Drywall compound /putty knife
– Level / Carpenter’s square
– Sandpaper (number 220 and up)
- Make sure that the surface you are going to install the tiles on is clean and free of loose paint.
- Plan ahead the layout of the panels on the wall.
- Using a level you may draw the panels on the wall before installing them.
- Apply glue on wall and panel (solvent based contact cement glue is recommended)
- First install the full panels, do all the cutting at the end.
- Prime panels.
- Use the sandable drywall compound to fill the gaps between panels and sand them smooth (use fine sandpaper – 220 and up and do not apply too much pressure on the panels once sanding)
- Apply coat of primer over the joints and paint the panels .